Stabilised soil. Stronger surfaces.
GRT’s most advanced polymer soil stabilisation product GRT9000, is developed for use in the construction of high-quality and cost-effective pavement applications.
GRT: 9000 is available as a clear or opaque polymer. Both varieties are high performing stabilisation agents that work by physically and chemically bonding soil or pavement particles – leading to improved compressive strengths, high tensile resilience and water impermeability.
Inadequate pavements (due to pavement life or increased traffic volumes) can result in considerable, detrimental effects for the triple bottom line. Dust, potholes, rutting, corrugation and other surface degradation caused by heavy traffic or extreme weather can cause serious harm to people, the planet and proft.
GRT: 9000 polymer soil stabilisation helps alleviate these environmental, social and fnancial concerns. Using in-situ or imported materials, GRT: 9000 is used to create a hard, semi-fexible and water impermeable pavement.
Mitigating against pavement and surface degradation, GRT: 9000 is designed to treat:
GRT: 9000 polymer soil stabilised pavements display high bearing and tensile resistance. They pose a cost effective alternative to traditional bound pavements such as asphalt and concrete, with significant savings for laid pavements.
Independently verified environmentally sustainable, GRT: 9000 can also be used to improve the performance of traditional cementitious stabilising agents – reducing the quantity of cement or lime required in pavement designs or replacing them completely.
Compared to conventional roads, GRT9000 polymer soil stabilisation drastically reduces material and haulage costs, construction time and your project’s carbon footprint (especially in remote areas) – making GRT: 9000 roads greener, cheaper and longer lasting.
GRT: 9000 offers:
- Efficient construction with a skilled crew laying 6000m2 a day
- High strength with polymer treated materials reducing pavement thicknesses by 70%
- Immediate cost benefits from construction and materials efficiency
- Long term cost benefits from lower maintenance and repairs
- Environmental protection – GRT products are non-toxic, have a low carbon footprint and use in-situ materials
- Superior safety with strong, fexible, dust free roads that provide non slip, waterproof surfaces in most extreme environments
- Fly Ash
- Foundry Sand
GRT stabilised marginal soil usually not considered suitable for road construction, providing extraordinary results.